Saturday, January 06, 2007

Everyone Loves Double Ds

How do I know? Personal experience!

There are definitely different types of DDs, but the best kind are the ones I made an example of this New Year's Eve: the Designated Drivers. Everyones loves them!

A big group of us celebrated the stroke of a new year at a pub near Beacon Hill last weekend. I decided I'd be the designated driver of the night and I never had so many drunk friends. Drunk friends (and strangers) love to tell you how "awesome" a DD is, and one guy I just met (who didn't know I wasn't drunk) told me how "amazing" I am. Twice. Now I don't think he was trying to get in my pants, and he didn't need a ride, and we hadn't even talked for that long, but it was clear to him that I am amazing. Perhaps it was my crazy fun necklace that I got from a Boston Common vendor, or maybe it was the fact that I wasn't passed out over the bar or blowing an annoying horn all night, but he was convinced I was amazing, and frankly, I agree with him. I was having a good hair day that night. I dunno. He was also convinced that he knew me from somewhere and declared that to be true twice that night. Although I assured him I hadn't met him before, he did look a bit familiar, like someone on TV or something.

Another great type of Double D is New England's favorite coffee, Dunkin Donuts. The Hub and I stopped by the infamous Dunks across from the Common (on the north east side, cause they're on almost every block) to grab some warming agents before our trek to the bar. I got my favorite: a small vanilla chai and we braved the wind and semi-cold before walking past FOX 25 news cameras by the State House (among crazy already-drunks who feel it is their mission to make it on TV even if they look like a blubbering idiot) and down the Hill along Bowdoin Street.

One DD we didn't have to contend with were the Deep Drifts of winter--wait is that what season we're in now? Tomorrow is supposed to be 64 degrees in Boston. El Nino isn't too El Bado (so far).

Another notable Double D is this site that I don't fully understand, but if you're rich or just really nerdy you probably do. Go ahead, play with the graph, it's fun.

And if you ever wanted to know and are quick with HTML tags the techie definition of DD is: The "dd" tag defines the description of a term in a definition list.

Another form of DD is a draft dodger, which could either be a person or a home product that keeps you warm.

Well. that's all I got on the topic of Double Ds...and you thought I was going to talk about boobs, didn't you?

2 comments:

Dan said...

Good one. Nice play on alliteration.

Princess B said...

Ha, thanks Dan!