Sunday, November 06, 2005

Welcome to Tahiti

I perchanced upon Kate Jackson's Pointy Universe once after spending time on my Eastie HomeGirl's Blog and it has some amusing stuff. My favorite post was by Vito the Pug. I'm sure he and Simba would get along swimmingly.

Here is an excerpt from one of her most recent posts:

Random Quizilla

Nothing wakes one up like a Red Bull and a pop quizilla. The Pointy Universe will feature these random 5-question brainers from time-to-time. Feel free to post your answers in the comments...or not.

1) Why did Theo really leave? We'll probably never know the real reason. But it's much easier to stay true to your principles and believe in your future success when you have as many options as Theo has. If we walked away from our "dream jobs" the day we discovered we were smarter than our bosses, we'd simply be unemployed idiots, not visionary renegades. It helps to be rich, brilliant and hot, hot, hot when you're seeking higher purpose and meaning. The only thing I'm seeking is a moment in the day to take a shower.


I'd like to take a moment and reveal the true insider information that only a foxy girl like me could dig up. Theo is making plans to go to Tahiti for a year long vacation, and his best friend, Penny Lane, has been requested to accompany him.

Now I know what you're thinking: Don't you have a job and, more importantly, a husband to tend to? Well, yes, which is why I will soon have to quit my job Theo-style, and only fly there on the condition that my favorite husband can come along. If you don't hear from me all winter it's cause I'm bathing on the beach. Ah, it'll be sweet...


For those of you who don't have a young, rich friend like Theo to whisk you away for a year, and you still want to quit, I would suggest you check out Noah's Blog on the 10 best ways to quit your crappy job.

Personally, I loved 7 and 8, but if you do plan on doing this please take Kate's advice and try to have an escape plan. I wouldn't want you to become an unemployed idiot.

Bonne Chance and Bon Voyage!

2 comments:

Boston Pam said...

Um Hello - Theo is MINE! I will fight you to the death - NO TO THE PAIN!! (wink, wink)

On second thought how would you feel about a threesome?!

Princess B said...

HA!

Soph, you know how I feel about 3sies--I'm ultimately too selfish to share.

It's like the Holy Trinity, everyone wants to really know what it's all about, but still it lies beyond a nice Cathloic girl's scope.

On that note: I'm going to be late for choir practice!