Wednesday, November 23, 2005

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things...

Thanksgiving is nearly upon us and I think if you take a quiet moment you'll realize how much you truly have in this world for which to be thankful.

I would like to take a moment for some 2005 Thanksgiving shout-outs!

1) To My Love: I thank God for you every day. You're the best person I know in this world, and you make me a better person.

2) My Family: For shaping me into the woman I am today, and for always giving their love, support and home cooking.

3) My Homies: I have an awesome bunch of friends and I wouldn't get by without them (The Beatles song rings true).

4) My Cats: Meow, mrm, meow meow. Mer meow. It's true. Purrr...

5) The Wedding Extravaganza: It was everything I dreamed it would be.

6) Hawaii Honeymoon: Aloha au ia 'oe Hawai'i! Maui Noi Ka Oi.

7) Music: The heartstrings of the soul that come to life through song.

"Close your eyes, let your spirit
start to soar! And you'll live
as you've never lived before...
Softly, deftly,
music shall surround you...
Feel it, hear it,
closing in around you...
Open up your mind,
let your fantasies unwind,
in this darkness which
you know you cannot fight -
the darkness of
the music of the night..."
--Phantom of the Opera

8) Hope: The strength that gets you through the dark times, and allows you to smile in the face of adversity.

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.
-Emily Dickinson

9) Dreams: Always believe in their beauty and chase them where ever they make take you...

10) Good Will: This holiday season, save time for family and friends, but also try taking some time out to volunteer in your community. Share a smile with a child at Starlight Starbright Children's Foundation or serve hungry homeless citizens with the Greater Boston Foodbank.

Special Shout-Out to The Big Guy Upstairs!

Although not specified on this list He is everpresent in all aspects of life. I am most thankful to God for providing me with life and love, and Jesus for spreading that message to us. So those are my major/basic thank yous...

What wlll you give thanks to this year?

8 comments:

Small Blue Thing said...

10) Good Will: This holiday season, save time for family and friends, but also try taking some time out to volunteer in your community. Share a smile with a child at Starlight Starbright Children's Foundation or serve hungry homeless citizens with the Greater Boston Foodbank.

So moving...

And what about the other 364 days?

Oh, sure _homies, kitten, honey-husband, and CDs... No time for smelling homeless citizens, right? Just for Christmas to look like a good girl.

Shame on you and all the Pharisei.

Princess B said...

No, this is how I live my life everyday. Some people tend to be busy and can't do good deeds (or think they don't have time) until they are on holiday away from the office. This is but a reminder and a tribute to the good things in life.

I already got my Christmas/Birthday present last weekend: the video IPod (not listed, but a new favorite thing of mine) so I don't have to "look like a good girl" for anyone. Thanks for the telling comment on your part though. I don't have to justify my good deeds to you, God sees them, and I live them and that's all that matters. Best of luck to you my friend.

Boston Pam said...

Unlike the 'small blue thing' that doesn't know you but thinks she's got you all figured out by one post, I do know you and what I know is that you're always there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Thanks for ALWAYS having my back Princess B.

Anonymous said...

Bah! Some people need to get over themselves and get a life. I know that you're a good person, sis. If pretentious losers can't see that, then to heck with them. Some people are such cynics that they can't tolerate other people's happiness. "Small blue thing," is obviously one of those petty people. Just keep doing what you're doing and know that God is the only one whose judgment matters.

Cheers,
Jen

Erica said...

I am thankful for my beautiful baby boy and my wonderful husband. Life really doesn't get much better.

Erica said...

I am thankful for my beautiful baby boy and my wonderful husband. Life really doesn't get much better.

Princess B said...

Awww! Yay for sweet babies and awesome husbands! You are doubly blessed Erica =)

Hannover said...

HI!

See your comment in my blog.

Hope we see us again.

I must leave now, but i´ll write you soon. Think we have much in common.

From not so sunny Spain...
Greetings

Summertime is now!