Thursday, April 03, 2008

He's Pregnant?


Apparently, along with engagements, getting pregnant is also the thing to do--even if you're a guy!

I saw this on TV yesterday as I was home sick and watching Oprah. I guess he/she is going to be on Oprah today. Of course your 1st thought is how could this be?!?!? Followed by, maybe my husband can be the one to feel like crap for 9 months and then squeeze a 7-8lb human out...

I guess this "guy" was really born a female, and went through the transgender changes except never got rid of his female reproductive parts. I'm curious how this works since I studied this in my college Abnormal Psych class, (I think the Doc was in this class with me? Or maybe that was just Statistics that we had together, hmmm...getting old) and I know they have to go through a lot of testosterone therapy. This guy has facial hair and stuff, but I guess the repro organs were not affected by it. Strange, but to each their own.

Also, attesting to the fact that getting pregnant is the thing to do, I read an article a couple months ago about how they're calling this another "baby boom" of sorts, as the U.S is experiencing the highest birth rate in the past 45 years!

JON COOK
Special to The Globe and Mail
March 31, 2008 at 11:44 AM EDT
These days, babies are the new black. Popular culture is obsessed with them: from Angelina's exotic adoptions and Britney's bizarre custody battles to Hollywood blockbusters Knocked Up and Juno. Birth rates are rising along with the mercury, spawning a multibillion-dollar industry selling high-end baby goods to googlie-eyed parents at an unprecedented rate.

And I thought pale was the new black...perhaps sun protected pregnant women (and men, I guess) are the new thing.

Speaking of movies, I really want to see Baby Mama with Tina Fey and Amy Peohler--looks LMAO funny!

No comments: