Saturday, April 12, 2008

Here Comes the Rain

So I've been keeping a close eye on the weather this weekend and hoping for a clear Sunday with the MS Walk and all.
The forecast changed from rain all weekend to just Friday night and Saturday. It actually held off for most of today and we got some errands done like looking for a grill so we can feed and thank our hungry fellow walkers afterward tomorrow, going grocery shopping for steak, burgers, dogs and buns, and getting a new hanging bird feeder. We forgot the beer and milk (along with wine my favorite dinner beverage).
So after watching the tarp being pulled over the field of Fenway I figured I better make a run to Pam's Market for some milk at least while the Hub got the butternut squash risotto going. I made my dash and sure enough as I was pulling into our place big fat drops started to fall. It's nice to be forewarned by the televised Sox game. I was feeling lucky so I also grabbed a mega millions b/c who couldn't use millions of dollars?!?! If you don't hear from me in a while it's probably b/c I'm on my long awaited Tahiti trip!

Tonight will be a quiet night so we can be well rested for the Walk tomorrow. Thanks a bunch to all those who have so generously donated to this special cause--it really means a lot to me!

Still crossing the fingers for clear skies along the Charles River...

No comments: