Sunday, March 30, 2008

Two Charity Events Weekend

This weekend was pretty busy.

I hosted a Charity Event to benefit the National Multiple Sclerosis Society on Friday night. It was a lot of work to plan but in the end it was a great time and successful. The attendance rate wasn't looking too great the week before and I had to seriously consider whether it was worth running or not, but by the end of the week with some last minute replies there ended up being over 20 people to RSVP and show up so that was good. We had our own private room and bar, the food was pretty good, and later in the night there were some fun raffle prizes, including the much desired Red Sox tickets, which Rohit won! The crowd was very diverse with coworkers, college friends, friends from home, and new friends I've met along the way. It was great to see everyone and meet the nice guests people brought. I'd like to again give thanks to the generous sponsors who donated many prizes valued over $50:

-Chiara Bistro, a fine dining restaurant in Westwood. Thanks Dan!
-West Newton Liquor Mart, an excellent little wine shop run by a husband and wife. They only have the best tasting wine and actually introduced me to one of my favorite, yet hard to find, bottles of red wine. Thanks Joann! (and I can't spell her Italian husband's name)
-Dellaria Salon in Needham. Thanks Amy!
-Donahue's Bar and Grill in Watertown, where we held the event. Thanks John!


-Two of our lucky winners (right), who drove the farthest to attend!

All the proceeds for this event are going toward the MS Walk which I'm doing in Boston, April 13th along with some dear family and friends. I'm really excited about the money we've all raised so far and hope the weather is good that day! It should be fun!

The other Charity Event I attended was on Saturday to benefit the Avon Walk against Breast Cancer. My friend and coworker Cheryl is participating in that walk, which is pretty intense and you have to raise at least $1,800 or pay the difference.
If you'd like to sponsor either of these great causes most of you have a link to my personal page and Cheryl's can be found here. If you do want to donate to Cheryl's team she requests that you donate to one of her team members since she already reached her goal, and the extra that she raises doesn't count toward her teammates required $1,800. Just click on "Walking 4 2nd Base team page."

I just checked the Boston MS Walk site and my name is listed as one of the top individual fund raisers! That's only going to increase once I add the more than $600 raised from the benefit! This is very exciting--thanks to all who have supported me so far in this endeavor!

No comments: