Monday, October 24, 2005

La la la la la laa, laaa la la la laaaa


Question: Can anyone explain why Smurfette was the only female smurf???



I never quite figured that one out. She was a little young for Papa Smurf, but he is the Big Papi and she is the only female...
Some insight if you please...




On another Smurf note: I visited the master's blog and finally found out what my "Smurf Name" is and it's pretty interesting:


When I type in my new name I get...well, let's just say I think Ms. Fette would have had some competition if I were a cartoon character. I'll let those who know me find that out if they'd like.

My maiden smurf name is "Radioactive Smurf," must be the whole mineral substance thing combined with my chemical romance.

9 comments:

Boston Pam said...

I was Chanukah Smurf - no fun names for me - I will have it leagally changed to SuperStah Smurf

Princess B said...

The Man in Black is "Stalker Smurf." Pretty ironic really since he's always trying to protect me from weirdo stalkers.

Anonymous said...

In the cartoon, Smurfette was created by the evil Gargamel to lead the other Smurfs into a trap. Of course, that beggars the question, if he could create Smurfs on his own, why was he always trying to catch them? Why didn't he just make more? And what did he want them for anyway? I seem to vaguely remember that he either needed their carcasses for some mighty spell or he was going to eat them. Either way, it was just another example of a bizarre, warped '80's cartoon that messed with our fragile minds as children. On the show, the stork brought new Smurfs so there was no need to have females. More weirdness. There's an article on line where this guy writes about how the Smurf village represents a Marxist utopia. I can find it and send the link if you have any interest. Does that help?

Your sister Jen, who knows too much useless trivia.

Jen E. Fur said...

I always just imagined all the little smurfs as Papa Smurf's children--hence the "Papa." However, now that I think about it didn't the little baby ones call him "Grandpappy Smurf" or something like that? I dunno, I think they were related.

This reminds me of another show I loved--the Snorks! Anyone else remember them???

Princess B said...

Jen,

Don't take this the wrong way, but you and that Smurf with the glasses should date. Tee hee hee!

Anonymous said...

I remember the snorks! Ah Sat morning cartoons, I am not too old to remember them still. LOL

Princess B said...

Come along with the Snorks!

Yes I remember them too. Fun stuff.

And Lis, you'll never be too old in my book, just "older" sis! =)

Anonymous said...

the smurves are all really hermaphrodites, and their tails are their sexual pseudopods, like clams.

Princess B said...

Uhh, thanks for your insightful theory.