Friday, October 07, 2005

Go RED Sox!

ELIEVE

OSTON don't despair, the fat lady hasn't sung yet--though she was walking around her kitchen topless again last night (damn humid weather). Lately, in my apartment complex I've seen worse things than the Fat Naked Cat Lady though...bleh.

I digress. I think everyone can admit that even though we wore the "We Always Believed" buttons last year after the Greatest Comeback in Sports History, that was a lie. We cried, sighed, and died from all the senseless heartache, especially at the gloves of the Evil Empire. I'm wearing my Believe pin again, and haven't crawled up in a little ball yet. Rally Monday was great. Even though I didn't win playoff tickets, I did get on TV (NESN/Jumbotron, NBC, and NECN). I was a little skeptical about Game 1 since Millar joyfully announced he was the new poster boy for Jack Daniels, and then peer pressured Papi into having a shot with him. Those idiots...



Hopefully, this picture, taken by yours truly a couple of weeks ago, will inspire that faith we all held onto last year. I admit I've been going to Fenway more than Church on the weekends; but if you really believe and "keep the faith" then I'm sure God understands--heck, His Only Son is playing centerfield, He probably missed Church too last Sunday!

So get out of work early today, have a beer, and root, root, root for the home team; if they don't win it's a shame. BTW, anyone going to a bar? The Greatest Husband in Boston History has been given tickets for todays game from work. Yep, that's cool, isn't it!?!? Not when you can't take your jealous wife. Hopefully, I'll sneak in somehow with my innocent face, and secret connections...

4 comments:

Jen E. Fur said...

Dammit!!! :(

Anonymous said...

Maybe next year! Better start going to church...

Princess B said...

I'll see you tomorrow God...

Princess B said...

UPDATE: And, yes, I DID get into Game 3 of the playoffs for a whopping $30. Some lady overheard me saying I was trying to get tickets and voila she gave me a good deal since one of her sons couldn't join them and $32 was all I had on me (she wouldn't take all of my money though I tried to give her all I had). The seats were, oddly enough, right across from my husband's so I sat near him and the work gang. It was a good game even though they lost--the best part was when the fans clapped for the White Sox at the end for getting into the ALCS. It was classy Fenway Fervor. Til next spring...