Friday, August 26, 2005

T excursions

"You're an Angel"

So I'm walking past two guys in the subway today and once I get past them, almost out of ear shot distance, one of them says, "You're an angel!" I was far enough away to not have heard them, so I didn't turn around, but quite honestly it was kinda cute. These guys were buff and good looking so I would have expected them to be cocky and say something stupid or crude. But it was kind of like they didn't have the guts to say it until I had gone by. For a split second it made me wonder what funny blog stories I might have if I were available to guys like these, but I'd rather be posting about my upcoming wedding to the love of my life. I love you sweetie!

Ex-fiance

Later on the T this girl asked me when I was getting married. "In a week," I replied. We talked until I got to Arlington and she told me how she was engaged, but called it off 5 weeks before the wedding. I couldn't help but ask the politics of the engagement ring and she said she bought it off of him. She was nice; she didn't want some other girl to get it and have bad karma, and she knew he couldn't afford to take the loss financially. He got it appraised and she paid him that amount, which is probably more than he paid for it anyway.
We were discussing the tremendous cost of weddings, and how she lost a lot of money, but she said it was cheaper than a divorce. Sounds like she makes more money than her ex-fiance who (small world) is from Western Mass as well and coaches high school football at my mom's old school.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

"Life does not consist mainly, or even largely, of facts and happenings. It consists mainly of the stream of thought that is forever flowing through one's head."
- Mark Twain
cheesecake factory and recipe

Princess B said...

Even though this last one is untasteful Spam I will keep it for the Mark Twain quotation and the cheesecake recipe...mmmm cheese...mmm cake...put your hands together.

Quick: What show is that from and who says it about what?

Anonymous said...

Friends--Joey's answer on which one he would choose if he had food in one hand and a woman in the other.