Tuesday, February 19, 2008

In a Falsetto

Those of you who know me know that I'm not big on V-Day. It's the one day of the year that I specifically say I don't want flowers.

Why? Cause every other lame a$s is getting them that day and it doesn't mean as much to me as something special like our 9 year anniversary in March--I know, I feel old now, though in my young defense I was a teenager when the Hub and I first started dating in college.

This February 14th however I thought it would be nice to make something for each other. You know something special with thought and effort like a homemade card when you were a kid. So we did our little thing and to be honest even though it was my cute idea I worked so much overtime for work and then was sick the day before V-Day that I was a bit under prepared and hoping we could push the homemade stuff til our real anniversary or whatever. Well the Hub held me to it and he made me a homemade dinner and dessert. The dinner part was very nice but a little non special since he is a good cook and loves to make me homemade meals anyway (the real way to one's heart), but he doesn't really do dessert so that was sweet (corny double entendre not intended!).
-Bench in Maui
Anywho, I had a few surprises up my sleeve so it worked out alright.

So I guess what I'm blogging today is a Happy Belated St. Valentine's Day and an I love you shout out to my Sweetie!
we can talk in this key right here
but any time u want me to take u up
baby jump on this elevator
promise there aint nothin greater

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very sweet idea!
Yes, Valentine's day is too commerical (like Christmas too)so it is great you made that day with your own ideas.
-oldest sis