Sunday, January 20, 2008

Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics

Triple Sports Weekend!
It's a sports weekend for me! Friday I went to my first Celtics game and had an awesome time! I surprised S with some Loge seats as part of his Christmas present. We went right from work to the Garden and had dinner at a nice Irish Pub the next street over. The game was fun, and I felt like a little kid again experiencing something for the first time. I also loaded up on all kinds of chocolate and candy and got a big thing of popcorn (actually they don't have small sizes at the Garden--it was only "big" or "really big," so I got big). They beat the Philadelphia 76ers 116-89. The final score is a bit misleading of the game since we were down a lot of the time, but the 4th quarter they really made a push for it. I learned terms like "Brick" and "Take the bus!" and met a really nice old guy who sat next to me, and funny enough his wife used to teach in Dedham for 25 years.

Today I'm going to Fenway for a Red Sox Mentoring Challenge where hopefully I'll get matched up with one of the 5,000 kids on the waiting list for a mentor. The 2007 trophy will also be there and then we're taking a tour of Fenway, which I've always wanted to do.

After Fenway it's the big Pats game! Best of luck to them! Here's hoping for a perfect end to a historic season!

No comments: