Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

I guess the wild neighborhood turkey is smarter than I thought. I haven't seen him around for a while, actually since August or September. Good move since some people will do anything for a free Thanksgiving turkey. Shaw's has this special: spend an exorbitant amount of money from October something to November whatever and receive a free turkey and some fixings! I got sucked into their promotional game last time when you spend a lot and get 20% off your next bill. I was friggin' 2 measly points away from that one and it sucked spending over $100 on the next shopping trip knowing I was so darn close to saving a good amount of money.

So this time I didn't play into their free turkey tricks--mainly because I haven't needed to shop for groceries that much lately, and I'm going to families' houses for the holiday so I don't need to buy the bird. Here is a crappy picture of the wild turkey after he ran over my lawn and crossed the street to the neighbor's house. Oh, how the cats loved it!

In the meantime don't eat like a pig tomorrow, yet don't be wasteful, as your parents always told you, "think of the starving kids who would love to have those leftovers." Bono does and so should you.
That concert BTW was the best I've ever gone to. U2 rocks. Thanks again Jen for that awesome present!!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, but now anything I give you won't be as good as U2 tickets. It's like those pretentious people in the commercials who give a new car with a big red bow on it to their spouse. What are they going to give next year, a new house? But I'll try to find some sort of present that will be adequate for this year. How would you like a Chia Pet? It'll be the best-behaved pet you have...until Darla kills it;)

Boston Pam said...

Hey! That's what I was going to give her! Hope you all had a happy turkey day!

Princess B said...

Yeah--better live up!!!! Bwa, ha, ha!
This time I'd like U2 to come to my house and perform for me and my friends or you could fly me to Ireland for a special performance in an old castle. Yeah, I'll take that one!

You know I've always loved those Chia pets--especially the corny song on TV for them. Those fake expressions of delight really made me envious. Alas, I was a deprived child: never went to Disney World and never got a cha-cha-cha-Chia.
=*(
Feel sorry for me and lavish me with gifts! Heh heh heh.

MIA said...

That is sooo not true! You have been to Disney World!
(course, you were a teenager, but still!)

Princess B said...

Well I know--I said as a deprived child I never got to go. I was 19 when we all went in college, and paid for it all by my almost grown-up self--best Spring Break ever =)