Thursday, November 09, 2006

Going on a Treasure Hunt!

X marks the spot.
3 lines down
And a question mark.
Spider going up,
Blood dripping down.
Cool breeze, pfh, pfh,
Tight squeeze.

This Saturday I'm going to be traversing all over Boston as a chosen participant in the "Great Diamond Hunt"!

I'm so excited because
1. It'll be a ton of fun
2. Only 200 people were chosen to take part in this and
3. The Grand Prize is a $25,000 diamond ring.

4. The 10 other prizes are $200 gift certificates to E.B. Horn, New England's last family-owned jewelry store of its size.

I love treasure hunts--I made one up for my friend, Mia, freshman year that led her all around our dorm to find her birthday present. That was pretty fun as I imed her clues when she got stuck, and hid in Jesse & Josh's room when she came looking for me (a bit perturbed if I remember correctly, though jokingly so).

Jesse helped out when she asked where I was by telling her I was in the best looking guy on the floors room...much to his offense she did not go directly to his room, and by the time she did I was hiding (trying not to giggle) in his closet. Tee hee hee!

Anywho, this hunt should be fun as well. It starts in Boston Common with a map and some clues and should lead each 2 person team to different romantic and historic sites all over the city in the search for little boxes with a diamond ring in them (fake I imagine). If we are the lucky 10 to find said treasure we get the real loot at a dinner later that night. During the day they will text message more clues via cell phone.

I am bursting with anticipation for this event. I don't need another diamond ring, but I have someone in mind who I would give it to, and the gift certificate would be cool too.

There's even a cute legend about a lost diamond engagement ring and the proposal that never was due to the untimely death of James Ernest Fitzgerald.

I better go brush up on my Boston history!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck P. Bride, this sounds like a lot of fun! I hope hubby decides to go with you.

Brian said...

Well, how did it go???

Princess B said...

It was a lot of fun and the day was gorgeous. However, it's much better to tell the story in person!

You game for a Tuesday dinner if Wed is too busy before Thanksgiving?