Sunday, May 14, 2006

And I Wonder...

When I sing along with you if everything could ever feel this real forever.

Questions I've been pondering lately...

1. Will this cold rainy weather ever end?!?!? Yesterday we discovered a leak in our closet which cannot be replastered until after it stops raining according to the management group. Luckily we got the new camcorder out of there before it got wet, a few DVD-Rs didn't make it, but our nice clean towels soaked up a good amount of it. I'm sure we'll be greeted with some friendly mold soon.

2. Will some benevolent soul out there please buy me a house or even just a 2 bedroom condo? With this inflated Boston real estate market combined with our hard earned modest savings we find a few lovely needs-lots-of-TLC-shacks in our price range...sigh. This spacious 748 square feet 2BR house could be yours in Stoughton, MA for a mere $297,000! Though I did see some decent sized, newly renovated condos that fit our price range in Dorchester and Roxbury, so if anyone would like to buy us bullet proof vests as a housewarming gift I'll take a medium in black please.

3. Will the landlord ever sell our apt? The landlord, who just bought this place last year from our rental group for $159K is trying to sell our "fixer-up" apartment for $189K (good luck--this place is a whopping 551 sf, 1BR that needs TLC, and comes with a parking space out back if you want to pay $22K to buy it, coin operated laundry in the next building over which is down 4 flights of stairs and out the back door to the next building only to find most of the machines broken and filled with dirty water and sometimes a homeless guy living there, a bathroom that is so small the door has actually been carved out a little so you can open it past the toilet (ghetto!), and nice high ceilings that were just repainted last year to cover up the mold which is coming back again, and too high for me to reach to clean, and no sink disposal and no dishwasher (gasp!). Yes, good luck Sanjay! This place is a gem!) So people come and go and track mud and dirt into our place and then high tail it out of here. Don't get me wrong, this place has some things going for it. I'm on the top floor so no more having to listen to a stupid RI teenager bounce his basketball over my bedroom, and the T is right outside my door. I actually like this place, for a rental, but I would never buy it.

4. How BIG will Simba continue to grow? At 3 years old he doesn't seem to stop growing, perhaps it's his beer gut catching up to him though we (or I should say I) stopped that habit of his, the Hub still finds it amusing. When prospective buyers come to look at this place they see Simba (Darla is a chicken and hides under the couch) and marvel at how big he is. One lady even gasped, "Wow!! That cat is so huge I thought he was fake!" Poor Simba, I think he gets embarrassed. I try to play with him to get him some exercise, but he doesn't run like he used to and his jumps have grown less graceful.
5. Will I ever stop dreaming about Hawai'i? All signs point to no.

-Sunset in Maui

6. Will Jack Bauer ever catch a break? If you ever thought you were having a bad day...

2 comments:

Brian said...

Good luck to your landlord...that doesn't sound too promising.

Oh, and don't fret. With Spring rolling in, houses will start going up everywhere. You just have to be diligent. Keep checking out those email updates. I got an email on our house at 10:00 am. There wasn't even a picture up on the web yet. I called my realitor at 1:30, and we were scheduled to see the house later that day (we weren't the first appointment, mind you). We made an offer right after. It can happen just like that. In the meanwhile, do yourself a favor and figure out the maximum amount you could ever offer, so you'll be ready. You could also get pre-approved, although that didn't hinder us.

Good luck!

Princess B said...

Thanks Brian!