Sunday, September 10, 2006

Une Bonne Anniversaire

Well it has been one year (last Sunday) since we tied the knot, and it has certainly flown by. This September 19th will mark 7 1/2 years of being together and in some ways I've felt like I've been married for more than a year (in a good way). But marriage certainly is different, and I like it. There are some divorcees at work who talk down on it, but one concedes that it wasn't marriage that was bad, it was the guy. Others who are older and still married seem to like it, but some more than others. Some complain about their spouse, and laugh at me when I tell them I like marriage. They tell me in the grand scheme of things I've only been married for like a minute, and warn me that it all changes after kids come into the picture. I'll think I'll ride this out for a little while, even though I love kids.
We had a good anniversary, and took Tuesday off from work to enjoy a long 4 day weekend away. In keeping with tradition we kept the top layer of our wedding cake and defrosted it on our anniversary. We were a little leary to have it since we had heard from others that we should expect it to be pretty gross, but to our surprise it tasted delicious! We could still taste the strawberry champagne flavored filling and it was even soft. Sweetness. Props to Cerrato's.
I'd say the best part about our wedding day was sharing it with so many loved ones. It was a feeling I'll never forget. An older couple told us in Hawaii that sharing your life together with someone you really love is a gift and wished us as many years as they continued to have together. I feel very blessed to have him there through the good and the bad. Come what may, I look forward to the years ahead...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on both anniversaries!! Nah, don't listen to the negative people!! Positive people live longer and are much healthier!